There are 4 basic flaws with today's sportsmedicine industry.
- We wait until an athlete is injured before we do anything.
- We only look at the site of injury.
- Our treatment goals are "to eliminate symptoms".
- We allow insurance guidelines to dictate what care is provided.
- Examine biomechanics prior to season and make corrective recommendations.
- Begin taking corrective measures immediately.
- Never let symptoms be the call to action. The ultimate goal is maximum biomechanical improvements, and once that has been achieved, structural management and maintenance becomes a lifetime mission.